Habitat Stamp Requirements
For License Buyers: A Colorado Wildlife Habitat Stamp is required of people ages 19-64 who buy hunting or fishing licenses. With a license purchase, the stamp is $5 and required with each of the first 2 licenses bought in a calendar year ($10 total). The stamp also allows access to state wildlife areas or state trust lands leased by the DOW.
- A Hunter’s Safety Card if required for anyone born after January 1, 1949. You cannot hunt without it if you fall into this age category.
- Hunters bed down in newly renovated lodge located at our deep creek headquarters. This lodge is equipped with high speed internet, satellite tv, walk in spa like showers.
- You are to arrive the day before your hunt begins—preferable 1 pm, at MJK ACE hardware of Craig, to get your hunting licenses.
- MJK Sales and feed Inc – 2315 W 1st st, Craig, CO 81625 – 970.824.6581
Hunters arrive at our Deep Creek Lodge the night before their hunt begins. We enjoy a large dinner and everyone retires. The next morning everyone sits down to a pancake, bacon, and eggs breakfast. Hunters and guides ride out of camp before dawn to begin their hunt and return to the house before noon for a bountiful lunch. Everyone takes a break after lunch to rest, watch TV, or take in the beautiful surroundings. After the break, it’s back out to hunt until dark. When you return to camp a delicious dinner is served and everyone can sit around, enjoy the fireplace, have a drink, and watch television in the house.
Deep Creek Lodge
18255 County Rd 56
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
This is what you will need when purchasing a Colorado hunting license
We need ALL of the following information to purchase licenses:
- Driver’s License Number & State
- Home Telephone Number
- Complete Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Complete Address
- Hunter Education Number (or none) & State
- Copy of your hunter’s safety card
- Copy of your driver’s license
*A Hunters Safety Card is required for anyone born after January 1, 1949. If you were born after January 1, 1949, please send a copy of your Hunter’s Safety Card with the above information and bring the original with you when you hunt this fall. Note: Hunter must be at least 12 years old at the time the license is purchased.